Check out Holiday on the River at The Jacksonville Landing, with dance troupes, bands and choruses heralding the season. The party goes on through December 22, with performances in front of the Christmas tree in the riverfront courtyard. Check the website for each day’s schedule. Admission is free.
St. Augustine’s annual Nights of Lights celebration offers millions of twinkly lights outlining trees, buildings and bridges in the Olde City. The free show begins at dusk every evening through January 31.
December 19 is the last chance to do your Christmas shopping from an assembled multitude of Beaches artists and craft mavens. Every third Thursday of the month from 5 to 9 p.m., strollers through Atlantic and Neptune Beach can peruse handmade jewelry, photography, paintings and crafts from dozens of artists, plus enjoy live music and specials offered by participating North Beaches Art Walk merchants. Start your walk at the Adele Grage Cultural Center in Atlantic Beach, then take a shuttle bus to Beaches Town Center for the rest of the fun.
The one-day-only Sunday Special at Salena’s Accessories is 15-percent off the Van Cleef-inspired Clover jewelry collection. In addition, the Atlantic Beach shop offers reasonably-priced handbags, jewelry and other items that pay “homage” to expensive designer fare. The store is open from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, December 15.
Usually, the bonuses are tied to some restrictions, such as when they may be redeemed, so be sure to read the information accompanying the deal.
Also variations apply. Some gift card bonuses are offered for online purchases. Others are offered at participating restaurants.
Here’s a bunch of deals, and we’ll be reporting on others.
- Applebee’s —— $10 digital bonus card with purchase of $50 digital gift cards
- Brio —— $20 bonus card with $100 gift cards purchases
- Bonefish Grill ——- $20 bonus card for every $100 spent on gift cards
- Buca di Beppo —— $10 reward card with $50 gift card purchases
- Buccan & Imoto in Palm Beach ——- Purchase $100 or more in gift cards and receive a 10% discount.
- Chipotle —— free burrito, bowl, salad or tacos with a receipt from $30 gift card purchase
- Macaroni Grill —— $5 bonus card with $25 gift card purchases
- Nipper’s — $20 bonus card with $100 gift card purchases
- Olive Garden —— $5 bonus discount on two adult entrees with $25 gift card purchase
- PF Chang’s ——- $20 bonus gift card with $100 gift card purchases
- Ruby Tuesday —— $15 bonus coupon with $50 gift card purchase online and in participating restaurants
- Seasons 52 —— 10% back in bonus cards with $500 or more gift cards purchase
At sundown Friday, December 6, the San Marco Christmas tree lighting happens in Balis Park, accompanied by local choirs singing songs of the season. On Saturday, Santa and Mrs. Claus will be hanging around the tree, with other festivities happening in the Square, all free. Merchant specials will be the order of the day, leading into the Festival of Lights 5K run at 5 p.m.
Light the Park, a free family fest in Orange Park, happens Tuesday, December 3 at 6 p.m. at the Town Hall Park. After the decorations have been lit, there will be a reading of It Was The Night Before Christmas and other activities.
This weekend is the first full weekend of the month, and that means Bank of America and Merrill Lynch customers can visit museums free through the bank’s Museums On Us program. Just show your Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit or debit card Saturday or Sunday and you’ll get free admission to more than 150 museums and attractions in cities across the United States.
If you’re traveling, you can also get free entry to other Florida museums in Orlando, Tampa, St. Petersburg, West, Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami.